The P-47 was the first single-seated fighter to be equipped with a supercharger paired with a 2000hp engine, allowing it to fly at the same high altitude as bombers. Armed with eight 12.7mm machineguns, the Thunderbolt, with the P-51 Mustang, constituted the main fighters of the US Army Air Force. This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback" because of the shape of its upper fuselage behind the cockpit. The P-47D was a high-speed, high-altitude capable fighter and escorted the allied bombers that were conducting raids over Germany. Its 1-ton payload and its robustness made the Thunderbolt the perfect aircraft for ground attacking missions.
* Sharp design of rear fuselage accurately reproduced.
* Unique belly shape perfectly replicated thanks to left-right symmetrical construction.
* Joining beams used to attach wings to fuselage, ensuring accurate wing angle.
* Loads of accessories including 2 x 108 gallon tanks, 2 x 500 pound bombs and 2 x M10 rocket launchers.
* For extra accuracy, kit comes with two different propellers to match decal markings.
* Decals for 2 fighter groups, including one from Europe and one from the Pacific.
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.