Tamiya #61093 1:48 Nakajima J1N1-Sa Night Fighter Kekko Type 11 Kou (Irving)
Originally designed as a long-range fighter, the three-seat twin-engine Nakajima J1N1 was designated as a reconnaissance aircraft after failing testing. Following being successfully used as a night fighter against US bombers, official production began in 1943 on a night fighter version, the J1N1-S Gekko (moonlight). Modifications included removing third seat, adding twin-mounted 20mm guns behind cockpit canopy angled up at 30 degrees and underneath fuselage angled down at 30 degrees. The Gekko proved successful against B-17 and B-24 bombers, and continued to fight until the end of WWII. The later version, the J1N1-Sa, featured singular exhaust stacks and three 20mm canons mounted in upper fuselage with lower guns removed. Some later Gekko models also featured an antenna and radar system mounted on the nose.
About the Model
* Overall length: 263mm
* Rear fuselage adapted for three guns accurately reproduced.
* Gun hatch can be assembled as opened or closed, allowing display of gun parts.
* Includes parts to produce with or without antenna.
* Singular exhaust stacks reproduced to perfection.
* Canopy can be assembled as opened or closed, allowing display of intricately detailed cockpit interior and equipment.
* Comes with two full-figures and includes decal markings for three planes.
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.