Tanks may be the stars of the battlefield, but the "soft" vehicles supporting the front lines play an equally important role. With the release of the 1/48 MM Steyr Type 1500A/01, Tamiya gives modellers another interesting subject to add to their WWII armor and aircraft dioramas.
About the Steyr Type 1500A/01
Prior to the start of WWII, the German army used a variety of vehicles in preparation for their mobile Blitzkrieg tactics. However, the "Schell" Program of 1940 called for a standardization of vehicles for more efficient production, and one of the vehicles chosen for use was the Austrian Steyr 1500A/01. With its air-cooled 3.5 liter V8 engine and 4WD, the vehicle proved to be rugged and reliable, and was produced as a light truck, soft top infantry carrier, and staff car. It's versatility made it a useful transport vehicle on all battle fronts.
* 1/48 scale assembly kit model of the Steyr Type 1500A/01.
* Distinctive shape of the engine hood and features such as the side mounted spare tire accurately reproduced.
* Front doors may be modeled in both open and closed positions for increased display possibilities.
* Die-cast chassis provides added weight that gives the model greater realism.
* One driver figure included.
* 3 types of high-quality markings are also included.
* A great display in and of itself, it is also perfect for dioramas with other Tamiya 1/48MM vehicles, aircraft, figure sets, and accessory sets.
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.