Tamiya just doesn�t stop releasing new items for the 1/48 MM Series. We now offer modelers the Panther Type G, widely considered one of the most effective German tanks of WWII. Line the Ausf.G with the Panzer IV Ausf.J and 1/48 Panzer Grenadier figures for a detailed and accurate diorama of late-WWII German military.
About the German Panther Ausf.G
Developed as a countermeasure to the Soviet T-34, the German Panther tank was produced from 1943 until the end of the war and served alongside the Panzer III, IV and Tiger tanks. The Panther tank featured sloped armor, powerful 700hp Maybach engine and a turret placed far back on the hull mounting a 75mm L/70 cannon. The main gun was even more devastating than its size of 75mm would suggest, due to the large propellant charge and long barrel with high muzzle velocity. Many consider the Panther every bit as effective as the Tiger I, but easier to produce and maintain. The Ausf.G included versions with heater unit installed over the left engine fan, and with curving lower �chin� piece removed from mantlet to eliminate shot trap.
About the Model
* 1/48 scale assembly model of the Panther Ausf.G tank.
* Choice of two types of mantlet, with or without lower �chin� piece.
* Install muffler with or without flash suppressor.
* Reproduces heater unit used for winter operations.
* Vehicle mounted equipment molded to hull as single piece for easy assembly.
* Die-cast chassis for extra weight and enhanced realism.
* Assembly type tracks with straight upper and lower parts made of single pieces.
* Display with Panzer IV Ausf.J (Item 32518) and Panzer Grenadier Set (Item 32514) to create late-WWII era dioramas.
* Choice of 4 sets of markings.
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.