Originally developed as a light anti-aircraft weapon for the Kriegs marine, the German army also adopted the 20mm cannon for use on land and was widely-used throughout WWII. To compensate for the cannon�s low rate of fire, 4 of these cannons were mounted together to create the Flakvierling 38. The mount featured collapsible seats, ammo cartridge racks, a three-legged base, and could be rotated via hand wheels, with the guns themselves fired via two foot pedals,each of which controlled a pair of diametrically opposed cannons. In basic form, the Flakvierling38 was loaded onto a 2-wheeled mount for towing to deployment points, but it was also fitted onto halftracks, tank chassis, ships, barges, and trains to provide close-range air defense against Allied fighter-bombers.
* High-quality 1/48 scale assembly model kit of the German Flakvierling 38 anti-aircraft gun.
* Quad-20mm cannons are linked to gunsight. Guns can be freely elevated/depressed and gun pedestal can be rotated to enable various firing positions.
* Parts are included for the trailer, enabling the gun to be towed by 1/48 scale vehicles such as ITEM 32534 6X4 Krupp Protze (Kfz.70).
* 4 figures in realistic poses as well as detailed accessories such as ammunition boxes and magazines are included as well.
* Excellent as a stand-alone diorama piece or as a component in larger displays
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.