Tamiya #32555 1:48 Crusader Mk. III British Cruiser Tank Mk.VI
In the 1930's, a British mission observed the field maneuvers of the Russian army and were impressed by the performance of some of their tanks, which were influenced by the designs of American Walter Christie. The British decided to develop their own fast "cruiser" tank for their army and their efforts eventually resulted in the Crusader. When it entered operational service in 1941 as part of Operation Battle axe in North Africa, the Crusader was found to be faster than its German counterparts, but had a less powerful gun, thinner armor, and was not very reliable. Due to delays in the development of new tanks, it was decided to mount the larger 6-pounder gun onto the Crusader. The larger gun resulted in a smaller 3-man turret crew.
About the Model
* 1/48 scale assembly model kit of the British Crusader Mk.III tank.
* New parts included to depict the larger 6-pounder main gun and its associated gun mantlet.
* Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
* Caterpillar tracks are assembly type, with upper sections featuring realistic sag effect. 3 types of markings included.
* Display alongside ITEM 32541 British Crusader Mk.I/II Cruiser Tank Mk.VI and ITEM 32546 British Crusader
* Mk.III Anti-Aircraft Tank Mk.III to showcase the Crusader family of AFVs.
* Also an excellent piece to use with either Allied or German vehicles to depict scenes from the North African desert.
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.