Introduced in 1992, EMD SD70M was a 4000 horsepower locomotive that ran on EMD's new steerable truck design, known as the HTCR-II radial truck. This new truck allowed the locomotive to transfer its power to the rails more efficiently, which in turn enabled two SD70M locomotives to pull a train that would have taken 3 SD40-2's to pull. The DC brother of the SD70MAC, the SD70M was primarily put to work hauling coal trains due to its high pulling capacity.
* N Scale
* DCC Ready
* Drop-in Decoder Compatible with Digitrax DN163K1C, Digitrax DN163K1D & TCS K1D4-NC
* 5 Pole Motor with Flywheel
* Dual Brass Flywheels
* All Wheel Electrical Pickup
* Blackened Metal Wheels
* Directional LED Headlights
* Illuminated, Pre-Printed Numberboards
* Magnetic Knuckle Couplers
* Shock Absorber Construction
IF ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK ONLINE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE STORE, AND LET US SPECIAL ORDER IT FOR YOU!
KING'S HOBBY SHOP SHIPS DOMESTICALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY WITH USPS PRIORITY MAIL.